Sunday, December 8, 2013

The Sunday After

Our Christmas parade always lands the Sunday after Rachel's birthday.

It sticks out in my memory as part of Rachel's time here on earth because while I was in the hospital and she was in the funeral home, my sister brought my kids and her kids to the parade....

I haven't been able to get myself to go since she died.

Today we realized on the way home from church that it was the day of the parade.  And I felt like I wanted to go. So we did.

It was fun, but as usual, as we gathered for a family photo, I could sense the absence of Rachel.  Someone offered to take our picture all together... 

She isn't in the picture, but she is.  In so many ways. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We so appreciate your words of encouragement!
Thank you! ♥ The Aubes