Thursday, August 19, 2010

Life out of Death

My Uncle Dale died yesterday at age 57 after a long, brave battle with cancer. In the last few weeks before he died, God made Himself real to him and 2 days before he died he told me he knew he was going to heaven and that when the baby gets there he will be there to meet her...there's something about death that makes you ponder life. God used his difficult road to death to bring him into eternal life.

Last night was our meeting with the cemetery. We were blessed by a friend at church who offered to give us the money we needed for it and we purchased 2 plots. One for me and one for Matt and the baby will share the top portion, between the two of us. We are having her buried next to our dear friend Corey Hampton, who passed away the day after we got the news about Rachel.

Corey and Matt were like two peas in a pod and played on the church softball team together and through their connection, God gave me my precious friend, Jill. Right behind the row they will be in, is an open field, that used to be a softball field. Jill had envisioned getting it back into working order in Corey's memory. A little at a time, my vision grew as God gave me a bigger picture...we told the man last night of our dream and he has given us his blessing! He is allowing us to restore the softball field in Corey's name and then put up a playground in Rachel's name - all on the cemetery property!!

We walked the grounds last night, picturing what it would be like to have men of God playing softball together, while their wives cheer them on and their children play on Rachel's playground... I closed my eyes, took a deep breath of the cool air and praised God that He is in the business of bringing life out of death. He did it with Dale, He did it with Corey, He's doing it with Rachel. My prayer is that we will be able to raise enough money to make this happen and that when it does, God will be glorified through it and that Rachel & Corey's death will continue to bring life to our friends, family and community.

*To see most recent posts, click on "home" located under "Rachel's Story" on left side of the page.*

13 comments:

  1. When my brother Steve died at 32yrs. We did over the basketball court at the housing project where he spent hours playing with kids at risk.
    It is a place that we often still visit to feel
    close to him. Instead of flowers people donated money towards this project. We held a basketball tournament to raise money. The local school had a jump rope marathon and got pledges. Business in the area were generous as well.
    I also have a friend who husband died young as well and they did over an outdoor volley ball court and still every year there is a volleyball tournament in memory of him. It is a great idea. I would be honored if you let me get involved in anyway. Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are no words really for what your family is experiencing. I can only believe that I am truly blessed with having it shared with me and others. What a beautiful inspiration you and your family are to Gods universe. From Death comes LIfe eternally....

    Love you... Rebecca Balok-Searles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise God that He revealed Dale's hope in Him! He revealed this to you to encourage you, His precious daughter. I love the image of Dale and Rachel in heaven together, and who knows exactly when that will be. Love, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,

    I read your story in Foster's today and I was really moved. My wife and I lost our son in the womb in August 2009, and fortunately, we did not know he was dying until he had already passed and there was nothing we could have done anyway. Your situation is different and more horrible. I know no one can imagine what you are going through, but I have a clue. Nothing can equal the pain of losing a child before they even have a chance to live. I want you to know that the hospitals around the Seacoast have an infant loss support group that meets throughout the year and gives parents somewhere to express their grief where everyone knows what it feels like. You are not alone!
    -Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted to share the story of baby Faith Hope. My first son had anancephaly.
    There is a support group on BBC with some wonderful women.
    Hugs
    http://babyfaithhope.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wanted to share this sweet story of baby Faith Hope. She lived for 93 days with her mommy at home. http://babyfaithhope.blogspot.com/
    I lost my 1st son to anancephaly. Hugs to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is a wonderful supportive group for anancephaly on Baby Center if you want you should come join us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good evening,
    I met your amazing family at the Sumner Country Resturaunt, I was your waitress, Rachel.I have to tell you all that I am amazed at your strength and your honesty of weakness! You have shown so many people that no matter what is handed to you on this earth, it is up to us to decide how to handle it. I know that you have probably heard this a million times, but, my thoughts are with your family and I hope you get the time with baby Rachel that you desire.

    Sincerely,
    Rachel Budde

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello,
    I just read your story in the paper and am just heartbroken at what your family is going through. Your right, Rachel is a gift from GOD and I pray that you get as much time as HE will allow you to have with her. I myself have 3 children 2 boys and my little girl who just turned 1 and if I had lost any of them I'd be too out of it and I admire the strength and courage you have chosen to share with all of us.

    GOD Bless.
    -Christina

    ReplyDelete
  10. God Bless Your Whole Family~~~~ Virginia ElderOctober 29, 2010 at 9:06 PM

    You are both very strong parents. I envy you both and I pray for Baby Rachel every day and nite. God Bless you and may you have the strength and the endurance to carry on Gods Will!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey there! My name is Emilia. I am originally from NH, but currently living in CT with my husband who is active duty military. My friend from NH told me about your story and I just want to say how AMAZED I am with your faith, and strength with what you are going through. I am 33 weeks pregnant(due Dec. 21st) and the doctors believe my baby has polycystic kidneys. They are almost 100% she will need dialysis at 10lbs(if she makes it), and then a kidney transplant if she makes it to ~20lbs. The doctors have warned us that babies with this rare condition usually don't live for more than a few hours or days..but we have been continuously praying, and hoping for the best..God hears prayers!! I will be praying for you guys, especially Baby Rachel! Feel free to email me (emiliarobichaud@yahoo.com) with any questions etc. I'd love to talk to someone experiencing something similiar as myself!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Matt & Stacy,
    Thank you for sharing your testimony with so many! What a blessing you are to others as you go through this trial. The sanctity of life is heavy on the hearts of us all, especially with the elections this week. Praise God for giving you the strength to speak His truth. We send our love and prayers.
    Your siblings in Christ,
    John & Janet Cannon
    P.S. The worship songs on your playlist are so beautiful too! Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stacy & Matt & precious family,

    It's hard to put into words this cup that God has given you to drink from, only God knows the reason. We are told He doesn't give us more than we can handle and He is ALWAYS with us each step of the way, if we choose to believe in Him. So many lives are being touched & will continue to be touched by your precious baby Rachel. Our thoughts & prayers are with you every day. Your strength,courage & hope are all gifts from God to share with anyone who wants to take the time to listen and see His work thru you. Rachel is a precious angel that God has given you to share with all of us. We are thankful we know that with Christ all things are possible. We are praying for His Will with baby Rachel, for no one loves her more than He. Know that we are with you as you walk this journey. We are here if you need us for anything. We send much love, blessings & hugs to each of you. Ron & Olive

    ReplyDelete

We so appreciate your words of encouragement!
Thank you! ♥ The Aubes