Friday, January 3, 2014

She Made Me a Mama

11 years ago today, I learned a love I never knew and could never top when I held Desirae May in my arms for the first time. 

2 weeks early on a Friday (my first Friday baby!!) that brought a big snow storm much like today, 19 hours of HARD Pitocin induced labor, young and clueless and unwed, and still on house arrest!  I welcomed a chubby 8 lb, 10 oz little girl with a head full of black hair into my world and I have never been the same. 

I can't imagine what life would be like without her.  God used her to bring me to Him and I only pray He will use me to bring her to Him as well.  She has become such an amazing young lady who will make an extraordinary wife and Mama if the Lord allows. 

Happy Birthday Des.  It's you and me against the world girl <3 p="">
First time I held her in my arms - I still cry every time I look at this picture

Still covered in vernix from being 2 weeks early, but her weight wasn't lacking. 
She was so chubby

Head full of hair and looked just like Daddy
Matt was just 21 yrs old

the hospital photo.
Rachel had hair like hers
 

5 comments:

  1. She's so adorable! And Matt looks like a kid too! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy, happy birthday, Des! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy happy birthday Des!!! We love you so much. John was in shock last night when I told him you'd be 11 today:0 You were just 2 when we first met you, I remember singing hymns to you as I put you to bed when mama was working. You have become a beautiful young lady and we feel blessed to know you and be a part of your life!! Love Harlee, John, Riley and Hattie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday, Desirae! I love the pictures with her parents. Matt really does look like a kid :-)
    Much love, anja

    ReplyDelete

We so appreciate your words of encouragement!
Thank you! ♥ The Aubes