Friday, January 31, 2014

What Does it Look Like in Heaven?

I stood at Rachel's grave on Sunday as Matt shoveled off a nearby grave for a friend.  It was windy and FREEZING out and a gust of wind blew snow that hit my face.  As I reached for my hood to cover my ears, I looked up and saw Matt doing the same.  Both of us still in our dress clothes from church, I smiled at how awesome my husband is to be willing to take care of snow at lunch time with a van full of hungry kids and Asa missing his nap... all for me.  I am a blessed girl.
 
I looked down at Rachel's stone and as another gust almost took my hood off, I said to my little girl... "I bet it's not cold in heaven"
 
And I giggled. 
 
It wasn't a common giggle.. it was more of the we-will-have-victory-over-this-freezing-weather kind of giggle.  The we-can't-be-shaken kind of giggle. And as I heard myself, I thought of the 25th verse in Proverbs 31 that says:
 
Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she laughs at the time to come.
 
She has no fear of the future - it doesn't scare her.  Because she has trust and faith in God.
 
And in that moment I felt so much comfort in the hope of heaven.  I was brought to a place of wonder about what it's like and what she was doing.  I wondered if she was playing and I thought back to our honeymoon... Puerto Rico - perfect weather the entire week.  I mean PERFECT.  And all I could think was it's even better than that.  Earth can't compare - even on the best day.
 
And I smiled for her.
 
I'm so excited for her that she already has that.
 
Today, a friend sent me this song and said it reminder her of Rachel (thanks, Amanda! I am so blessed by people letting me know she comes to mind!)  and I've found myself lost in it a few times tonight.
 
"I hope you're dancing in the sky and I hope you're singing in the angels choir....
here on earth....everything's different...." 
 
I miss you girl.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We so appreciate your words of encouragement!
Thank you! ♥ The Aubes