Tuesday, June 12, 2012

I'm Running

Last night I asked my friend Michelle to pray for me in a message...  and this morning, as I found myself singing a song we sang on Sunday at church, the last line of my message to Michelle rang in my heart.

The last line I wrote had said "I can feel Him holding me... I'm glad He's strong cause right now, I feel like running"

And today, I'm running....

I suppose it was no coincidence that after we sang this song on Sunday, we also sang "Yet I will praise You Lord" which was the song done at Rachel's service as well as last year's race.  I also taught it to myself on the guitar after my miscarriage.....  and when I watched this video, the rainbows and the heart-shaped clouds and holes of sun - plus the plant that looks just like the one on the race website! - seem to have been put there just for me. (I mean, seriously, can you believe that?)

After my recent posts about rainbows and clouds, I hope the timing of this encourages you too - God is in every detail.  Even when things seem bad...He uses each situation to guide us and for our good.  All of them - even the ones others mean for evil.  And then He shows us all along the way that (as it says in Yet I will praise You) "even when my whole world shatters and it seems all hope is gone..."  He is worthy of praise.  I'm so thankful He loves me just the way I am, right where I'm at and doesn't take back gifts He has given me based on my performance.  He is so good - even when there's nothing good in me.

For those of you who are reading on your phone and can't watch... here are the lyrics - He's been and IS all this to me and more...I'm thankful for writers who write songs that show me I'm not the only human out there who is imperfect - or that will admit it.  Just like in the  book of Psalms or Lamentations or even Job... I'm thankful for people who remind me that I can feel pain and despair and still not doubt the love of Christ for me.


You are good, You are good
When there's nothing good in me
You are love, You are love
On display for all to see
You are light, You are light
When the darkness closes in
You are hope, You are hope
You have covered all my sin

You are peace, You are peace
When my fear is crippling
You are true, You are true
Even in my wandering

You are joy, You are joy
You're the reason that I sing
You are life, You are life,
In You death has lost its sting

Oh, I'm running to Your arms, I'm running to Your arms
The riches of Your love Will always be enough
Nothing compares to Your embrace.
Light of the world forever reign

You are more, You are more
Than my words will ever say
You are Lord, You are Lord
All creation will proclaim

You are here, You are here
In Your presence I'm made whole
You are God, You are God,
Of all else I'm letting go

Oh, I'm running to Your arms
I'm running to Your arms
The riches of Your love, Will always be enough
Nothing compares to Your embrace.
Light of the world forever reign

My heart will sing no other Name
Jesus, Jesus

Oh, I'm running to Your arms
I'm running to Your arms
The riches of Your love Will always be enough
Nothing compares to Your embrace.
Light of the world forever reign

3 comments:

  1. Love you.
    I know *exactly* what you are talking about. Keep running the race! It feels like forever away, be you WILL hear Him say, "Well done good and faithful servant, well done." And you WILL hold her, in a place where there is no more sorrow, hurt or tears.

    There will be some surprises in heaven, of that I am am sure. But I will not be surprised when I see you there with your sweet Rachel cradled in your arms once again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If Melissa's comment had a 'like' feature I'd click it! <3

    ReplyDelete

We so appreciate your words of encouragement!
Thank you! ♥ The Aubes