Friday, February 1, 2013

A Simple Flag

I am no longer working Friday mornings and it was so nice to have my day at home.  We did some school work, got the house cleaned, I got to chat with an old friend on the phone for a while... and I made it to Rachel's grave before sundown, without Asa missing his nap.  Of course, being the overachiever that I am, I had to try to add on a trip for groceries at the end of the day that didn't go well, but other than that... it was nice.

I've officially started my crazy season of work for Rachel's Race - along with the obscene amount of work that goes into running the board of Baby Rachel's Legacy.  I'm tired.

I ordered Rachel a flag finally - I have been wanting to all winter and it hasn't happened... and the one that caught my eye on line turned out to be just right for my next Friday visit...February 1st....a heart with wings... not the usual symbol on the "Thank heaven for little girls" signs... but how appropriate for my girl, and in February ♥


I also brought her the kissing ball that my mom had bought on her birthday.  I've had it at home since there was no room there.  I took down her wreath and switched it for that.  Again, seemed appropriate... not only is this the month of Valentines Day, but our anniversary is coming up too.  I guess I was going for a 'love' theme.... although that is the theme I'm always going for when I decorate for her.

Seems more appropriate as a welcome home sign for a new mom and baby....  but her grave is all I've got, so it'll have to do. Technically, both her & I will have been welcomed home when our bodies were/are lay in the ground beneath this flag.  And I do thank Jesus every day for my little girls, one here and one in heaven.....so maybe it applies just as well.

It's just a flag... shouldn't it be more simple?  Flags used to be simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We so appreciate your words of encouragement!
Thank you! ♥ The Aubes