The Maine Doctor's office called me to 'see how I was doing' as a 'courtesy call'. I told her good. She continued questioning me about the baby and if I was depressed. I understand they just want to make sure everyone is ok, but it's slightly strange. She didn't know how to respond when I said everything was good. (?) Then I called to cancel my follow up appointment up there cause it's too far to drive just to hear that they are disappointed that I'm not taking my anti-depressants. When I called, the nurse asked "did you decide to start taking your Zoloft?" I said no, actually I'm feeling much better, I started a list and am running.... yeah, I'm sure she concluded I needed serious help after that conversation :o) But it's been pretty amazing watching God lift me out of my pit and restore my joy.....and all I had to do was start with #1. Him. So, here are my gifts from this week....
82. Daily phone calls with my mom
83. Successful days of math with Desirae
84. Four children to hug every day
85. One child that makes me love them all deeper
86. Yummy salads
87. A mother & daughter retreat on the bathroom floor to play with make-up and the smile on Desirae's face "I can't stop smiling" she said with a huge smile as I put it on her for the first time. The whole time I was grieving that I'll never be able to do this kind of girl stuff with Rachel, yet at the same time it brought me that much more gratitude for this time with the girl I get to keep.
88. Sam holding onto a little girl's pinky as they walked around at gym class
89. My booth renters application was approved... convictions and all!
90. Conversation with my Grandma
91. A sleep-filled night with Asa
92. Love notes from Daddy
93. Sam ate cake with eggs baked into it without a reaction!
95. Singing hymns with my family - we pick a new one each week that we sing every night.
96. I received the first pledge towards Rachel's 2nd Annual Race! It's on!!!
97. Our non-profit status has been approved for Baby Rachel's Legacy!
98. An unexpected ride for Matt to work in the rain and slush
99. Spiderman and Super Sam!