Wednesday, October 3, 2012

My 1st 5K

I went to the gym tonight to run away my broken heart...

I decided to cover up the screen and see how far I went if I was just going based on what I could handle and not trying to beat my last distance.

I got to my limit and took the towel off.

2.39 !!!!

That is .06 more than Saturday!  I was so excited.

I walked for .10 and started running again.  Here is the song that kept me going - I decided I would run until it was over....

(hoping this brings comfort to all the mamas who are missing a baby they have lost - as well as the mamas who are missing a baby they still long for)


The song ended and I looked... 2.90! 

I covered it back up and decided I'd cool down for the rest of the next song.  It was "Not Alone" by Jamie Grace, which I've blogged before so I'll just share the lyrics that especially spoke to me tonight.  The last line (bolded) gets really intense.

His arms are holding you
His love will see you through
When you smile and you laugh but you're fakin'
Cause you don't know how you're gonna make it
You feel so much pain
And you can't see your way
You're not alone
You're not alone
Alone

His arms are holding you
His love will see you through
When you try not to cry but to take it
All the stress, and the hurt and heartache
You may feel pain
But not as great as His name

You're not alone
No you're not alone
When the song ended, I looked at it was exactly 3.10.  And my heartrate was 143.

My 1st 5K. 

Happy 22 months in heaven baby girl. ♥  Mama's still running for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We so appreciate your words of encouragement!
Thank you! ♥ The Aubes