Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Update on Rachel's Auntie

Got the call around 11:00 last night that my sister was out of surgery.  Everything went well and she was in pain, but the meds were controlling it.  I was not aware that they were removing more than some of her intestines.   I'm not sure if that was planned or if they decided that in the O.R., but the doctor is hopeful that this should help her for a long time and that she shouldn't need another surgery.  Please pray that this is the case and that her Crohn's doesn't take over her body like this again.

I have to say that the fact that they can even do such a thing to someone's body absolutely amazes me.  We are very blessed to live in a country where this type of medical care is available.  In another country, she would have died from this already.  (Althought at times, she felt like she was dying.)  The same is true of my Samuel with all his allergies and asthma... without the medicine we get so easily here, he would not be with us.  As much as doctors can really drive me nuts some times, I am so grateful for them. 

Thank you for all your prayers for my sister.  Please keep them coming, recovery will be long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We so appreciate your words of encouragement!
Thank you! ♥ The Aubes