Thursday, September 22, 2011

Irish Triplets!

It dawned on me today as I told someone how old all my kids are that I don't just have Irish Twins... I have Irish Triplets!  Samuel and Rachel are only 18 months apart and then Rachel & Asa are 11 months apart.  No wonder I feel worn out... the only time in the past 3 1/2 years that I haven't been pregnant, I've been nursing a baby... or grieving and wishing I was nursing my baby. (and 4 months out of that, while nursing Samuel, I was pumping for a friends' baby too!)  I feel like I'm 80.

I was grateful for the conversations I had at the kids' gym class today with a couple of moms who, although offering condolences, didn't seem awkward when I told them about Rachel.  I never know what to expect when I drop the dead baby bomb, but I cannot and will not exclude her when I speak of my children. I have yet to come up with an easy answer for the "how old are your kids?" question.  So, I just said " 8, 4, 2 and I have a daughter who would be almost 10 months old that passed away in December." They said they were sorry and then continued on and happily allowed me to talk of her just like I did my other kids and included her when they talked too without sounding like they were uncomfortable.  It was a breath of fresh air for me and I needed that.  Lately, I have also run into the question "how many girls and boys do you have already?" When they see my big belly and ask if I'm having a boy or girl, it's almost ALWAYS the next question in line.  I used to try to explain, but now I just simplify my life and say 2 boys and 2 girls.  Honestly, for most of the world, that is shock enough all by itself!   

I wasn't as tired today and even made dinner! (I know that sounds pathetic)  So, tonight I'm feeling alright.  Thank you for your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We so appreciate your words of encouragement!
Thank you! ♥ The Aubes