Friday, September 17, 2010

The Game of Life

When I was little, I used to love the "Game of Life" - my favorite part was putting the little pink & blue pegs in the car in the very beginning.  I always picked 2 pink (girls) and 2 blue (boys) - and then I would play the game trying to gain "success" through the career and home I could earn or win. (or however that worked)  I played that game a thousand times, and you know, I don't remember anything about what career opportunities there were or the homes I could live in or even if the game had play money or not...all I remember is that I always wanted a husband with 2 girls and 2 boys riding in my game piece with me. 

I was made to be a wife and a mom and I love every minute of it.  From a young age, that has been my hearts desire and just like in the game, I have never yearned for more.  I have an amazing husband who works hard to provide so that I can be home with my pink and blue pegs because his vision for the game of life is the same as mine.  And, although it's a ton of work loading them in the car, and I didn't originally want a mini-van, I can't think of anything I'd rather do.

I have one dilemma...one of my pink pegs won't be coming along for the ride.  I don't want to sound like a sore loser, but that's not the way the game is supposed to go.  I want 2 pink & 2 blue.  I don't want to leave a pink one at start.  And even if I'm given another pink peg down the road, I will always know there is a pink one missing.  There's no turning back - things will never be the same, I can't start over.  I wouldn't want to, I just wish rolling the dice from here wasn't so scary. 

Why is this game so hard?

3 comments:

  1. Stacy.....

    never forget about all the people in this world that never get to put even one pink or blue peg in the car besides themselves and their husband. My heart aches that this is such an emotional journey for you.

    Each time I come here, I see that you have grown stronger each day. I know that it is easy to be strong on the outside but not so easy to remain that same way inside your heart. I am praying for you everyday.

    The pictures came out beautiful that you just had taken, and I am so happy that you have such an amazing and wonderful family to walk with you each step of the way.

    This blog, will make people in your same situation have all that much more peace when they read it during their journey and that is the bravest thing I know for someone to do.

    You are amazing......you will have your 5 pegs soon enough. (7 pegs). You, Matt, 2 blue, one pink, one to be decided....and one extra shiny silver bright blinding peg that watches over all of you (your angel)...she will always be in the car and she will never complain where she sits, she will just guide and light the way for your safe travels always.

    My heart is with you and your family. I am proud to know all of you!! :) Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Stacy,

    Have you heard the story of my beloved niece Vitoria? I found out about your blog because my sister posted it on her blog. I'm currently translating her blog into English, http://belovedvitoria.blogspot.com
    Vitoria also received the diagnosis of anencephaly. It was originally acrania, but since her brain would be exposed to the amniotic fluid, it would become anencephaly.
    In Brazil, where my sister and my niece live, abortion isn't legal, unless in cases like that, or rape. Nevertheless, all doctors were pretty pushy telling my sister the same things they've been telling you. Fortunately, my sister's OBGYN wanted to perform a C-section and baby Vitoria was born alive, in spite of her lacking the top of her skull. God was good, the NICU was very attentive, and Vitoria survived one day, one week, one month... until this God-sent doctor found the possibility to cover her exposed brain area with a membrane and skin. That happened after Vitoria survived 3 infections (due to the exposed area on her head). Now, as you will be able to see on her pictures, she is a healthy 8 month-old baby. She still will need tons of care concerning her movements and development as a whole, but she is alive, and she will stay alive for a long, long time.
    I will be praying for now on for Rachel Alice. May God allow her to live and survive, and may her life be a testimony of His love. Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I played that game I never got to the having the pink and blue pegs or a career. I always got frustrated with the spinner. It always came off the peg when it was my turn. My game is shoot and ladders. I love you I don't think I tell you that enough
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

We so appreciate your words of encouragement!
Thank you! ♥ The Aubes