Sunday, September 26, 2010

Rachel's Mourning

After church this morning, we went to look at a few cemeteries.  The second one we went to, we noticed there was a stone walkway down to a big monument that said "In Memory of God's Innocent Babies", so we got out to go look, figuring it was the baby area of the cemetery.  When we got up to it, the smaller stone read "Rachel's Mourning" and then had a verse from Jeremiah 31:15
"A voice was heard in Ramah,
Lamentation and bitter weeping,
Rachel weeping for her children,
Refusing to be comforted for her children,
Because they are no more.”
When I got home I typed "Rachel's Mourning" into good ol' google and a bunch of pro-life sites came up...  If you haven't read how we got her name, it's on the side of the blog posts - and I've mentioned before how my heart's desire for years now has been for God to provide me a way to be able to do something to help with a pro-life cause...well, be careful of asking for what you want!  To find out that the name Rachel is used on memorial sites for babies who were aborted all over the world,  just brings the meaning of her name full circle for me.   I am just so thankful that God continues to cheer me on and let me know He is in, and has been in, every detail of my life and hers.

My reality check today though... I checked my email and saw the subject line "you're 27 weeks pregnant".  I signed up for a newsletter months ago and  I don't even dare to look at these emails anymore.  I don't want to read about all the things I should be doing at 27 weeks after I had just returned home from looking for a pretty cemetery and checking out headstones.   

1 comment:

  1. I have seen that at the cemetary down on Dover Point... I have sat at that stone and prayed for the innocent ones whose mothers didn't have the courage that you have.
    I too have a strong heart to save the unborn. Mostly because it took me almost 40 years to have my Joshy....He has blessed me more than I could ever imagine. I will continue to fight for those who have no voice.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

We so appreciate your words of encouragement!
Thank you! ♥ The Aubes