Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Would Have Been

I just got an email... Family Life Today is doing their "Weekend to Remember" conference soon... Last year Matt & I had been blessed by some friends to go to the one in Portland, ME - and it was at that conference I found out I was pregnant with Rachel...  April 17th... sigh.  It was a weekend to remember... one I'll never forget.  Didn't realized we'd also spend most of my pregnancy in Portland too...or that she'd be born there because of complications.  

Yesterday I called the doctor to ask a question.  When the nurse called me back she asked "how old is your baby now?"  Um... read my chart lady... (no,didn't say it, I only thought it) what I said was "she passed away... she would have been 5 1/2 weeks."

I also looked through some of her clothes from the hospital tonight... Matt & I sat here holding her little hand and foot molds.... and I smelled her hats and cried.  I cannot believe this is really happening to me.  she would have been 5 1/2 weeks...   sigh... 

3 comments:

  1. Stacy,
    I am sorry that happened to you! You would think that they would read the charts before returning a call.
    I go through Caydens chest and hold and smell his clothes too and just cry. I know it hurts so bad, but it is good to do it.
    I am here for you always and praying for you.
    Love you,
    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart breaks for you friend. Praying...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still can't believe it either. I have no special words of wisdom. All I can say is I love you and I'm always here for you.

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete

We so appreciate your words of encouragement!
Thank you! ♥ The Aubes