Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Interior Decorating

Another snow day... we got another 18 inches, I guess...who's counting at this point?  My lights on the fence are starting to get covered over.  I thought I told God I wanted an early spring??  *sigh*  Good and bad news is that Matt didn't have to work today...I like having him home, but we need the money.  We got some stuff done today though and had a relaxing day together.  It was nice.

I took some pictures of my most recent interior decorating :o)  I could probably make a post out of each one, but I'll try to consolidate...

A friend on my blog, Bridget sent me a wall decal... Thanks Bridget!  I love it!
In "Rachel's Room"
My friend Beka, gave us a plate that we brought with us to the hospital to put Rachel's footprints on.  She took it after we got home and decorated it for us and had it fired....Thanks, Beka!

In our kitchen
 Shannan found this great place that preserves flowers on tiles and brought me 2 days after Rachel's funeral to have the flowers that were on her casket preserved; tulips and daisies... Thanks, Shannan! 
The Dance & Laughter plaques are from a church friend... Thanks, Mary!
In our bathroom
---
The dance one says:
Life's not about waiting for the storm to pass,
It's about learning to dance in the rain.
---
Rachel taught me how to do that.
 I only bought the tile above, the woman from Everlasting Flowers in Amesbury, MA sent this one as an extra gift... Thanks, Barbara!
In our livingroom
---
Both flower tiles read:

Rachel Alice Aube
December 3, 2010
43 beautiful minutes

I have loved you with an everlasting love
Jeremiah 31:3
And yesterday, I finally finished a project that was actually the first thing I knew I wanted to do when I found out all we would be taking home from the hospital was memories of our girl... Thanks, Jill for letting me use your rainbow ink pad...it had some very special feet on it! :o)
In Rachel's Room...
---
It reads:

My Daughter
I love you and would never leave you
when you see only one set of footprints,
It was then that I carried you.
When I read this, I think of how I carried Rachel and would never have given up on her... I also think about how God carries me and never gives up on me.  I put the footprints in rainbow colors & shape as a reminder of God's promise.... The promise of beauty after a storm...  the promise of blessing out of obedience... the promise of God's provision.  What a journey it's been...  I have learned so much from that little girl.  Lessons about life, death and everything in between.  But most of all, I've learned more about God; He is so good.

How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news! - Romans 10:15b

7 comments:

  1. Absolutly beautiful!!!! I love everything you have done around your home for Rachel. A year later and I am still putting little projects together! I wish we had a place like that around here for the tiles...I LOVE it!
    Love, Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you today....beautiful memories of sweet Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love that your home is surrounded by beauty and verses, love from others, and reminders of your precious gift! What beautiful reminders of God's faithfulness!
    Thank you for sharing it! I LOVE Rachel's room-the color is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so very welcome. Glad I can help for you to enjoy memeories of Rachel.

    ReplyDelete

We so appreciate your words of encouragement!
Thank you! ♥ The Aubes