Saturday, February 5, 2011

Loved by God's people

Have I mentioned how God answers my prayers through His people yet?  Let me tell you another story... I have said at least 50 times this winter "this is crazy, I should have a jacket, it's freezing out!"  As a matter of fact, I said that this morning when Matt took me out for breakfast (planned and got a sitter all by himself!) :o)and my van's heat didn't seem to want to work...  winter. :o(   I have a jacket that is a maternity one that can at least zip, but I feel like a tub of lard in, it's huge...and then the rest of my stuff is still too small from Rachel.... I'm actually completely fine with that for the first time in my life, but it's been COLD and I've been FREEZING!  Especially since I have been at the cemetery outside so much.  Yesterday I wore one of Matt's coats so I could bare the weather.

So anyway, today I met with another of my "since Rachel" friends, Vanessa who is helping me with my secret project :o)  We worked on it a little and talked for a while... I was wearing my little zip up sweatshirt that I call a jacket that I have been wearing all winter, and of course, it's snowing again!  Then as I went to leave she said "so, I work at L.L. Bean and got you, Matt & Desirae some jackets..."  I think my mouth hit the floor as I immediately jumped out of the car to try on my new coat!! :o)  I told her I don't have a jacket, but think I failed to fill her in on how many times I have said I need one lately!  I don't think it even dawned on me until I was driving home, heater failing me again, and was actually WARM, that this was such an answered "prayer" (I never really prayed, but God knew what I needed!)  Thank you Vanessa!   Oh, and Matt was excited for me to come home bearing gifts. :o)  And Desirae asked "who's Vanessa?" I explained that she is a friend I got from Rachel and she said "oh" with a shrug and tried it on... she loved hers too. :o)

I LOVE that my kids are thankful, yet not surprised, that someone we barely know would do something so kind for us... they are used to being loved by God's people and I couldn't be more grateful for or humbled by the way people follow His lead and provide for us.  Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. I love how God works in these ways! :) He has done a lot of that for us lately as well as we have faced various trials this past year. His provisions never cease to amaze me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure where to post this but I guess I'll post it here. I came across your blog from (http://www.journey-through-grief.com/baby-rachel-alice.html) this site. I left a response there.

    I just wanted to tell you that my heart goes out to Rachel and you and your family. It's strange that the Lord brought me to this page. But I'm glad He did.

    I don't really know what else to say of course. Just know that even though we don't know eachother at this moment your whole family is in my thoughts and prayers.

    cherbear :)

    ReplyDelete

We so appreciate your words of encouragement!
Thank you! ♥ The Aubes