Wednesday, March 2, 2011

STAND

Lessons in swimming, take 2...

I must admit that being in a big pool with three kids, who are all in different places, is a little worrisome at times.  Ironically enough, it doesn't stress me out.  I actually feel really calm and I think it is in part because I'm forced to slow down for over an hour.  I don't spend much time....EVER... doing nothing.  I'm not one to sit on the couch...it's kind of like torture for me.  Multi-tasking is my middle name.  But I find myself standing in the pool with a smile on my face (except when I can't find Isaiah!) because I really get to watch and enjoy my kids' personalities.  They are awesome...if I do say so myself :o)

Today I was watching Isaiah be who he is... my crazy, rough, fearless and semi-clueless (handsome) boy.  Man, do I love that kid.  Any time I turned away, he was wandering into the deep end.  I tried to tell him he doesn't know how to swim without his noodle thing, but he didn't agree.  I finally confined him to the very shallow area and told him to practice without the noodle.

And so he did...  and although the water was only about 2 feet deep, he kept going under.  (scary part:  that didn't seem to phase him either)  I finally got down to eye level and said in my motherly tone,  "If you start to go under... STAND UP!"  doesn't sound overly profound, but you know how me & God work....

In the post that I didn't publish yesterday, I had written something to the effect of "I'm trying to keep my head above water and my daughter's name above the snow"  The feelings behind these words are so heavy because I feel like I'm sinking some times (and it won't stop snowing around here!!)  So, I should probably take my own, very obvious advice and when I start to go under... STAND!

Romans 5:1-2
Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God.
*following verses on left side of main blog page*

Ephesians 6:14
Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place

1 Corinthians 16:13
Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong.


"I'll stand, with arms high and heart abandoned. 
In awe of the One Who gave it all...
I'll stand, my soul Lord, to You surrendered.
All I am is Yours."

Today I'm standing firm in the love, mercy and grace of Jesus and thanking Him with my whole heart for having the chance to know Rachel. 
Even if it means that sometimes I feel like I'm drowning.

3 comments:

  1. Such a deep and beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. March is often "In like a lion - out like a lamb". Spring really is just around the corner..... I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful verses to remind us all to stand up no matter what circumstances are crashing in around us.

    ReplyDelete

We so appreciate your words of encouragement!
Thank you! ♥ The Aubes